The items held in Group Settings are used when creating groups. These items often appear in a drop-down when you are creating a Group .
This is a way to group lessons of a particular type together i.e. exam classes, young learners so that you can see all of this type of class together. There is more about this here.
You can select a colour for each class type. This is used when looking at the calendars, you can ask to see the items displayed according to their class type. The items in the calendar will then change according to the colours you have given them here.
- Click Add and fill in the details in the boxes.
- Click Save.
- The options in the language and level boxes are held in the language and level cards.
Enter the languages you teach here. These appear as options when creating classes, teachers etc.,
- Click Add and fill in the language.
- Click Save.
You can select a colour for each language. This is used when looking at the calendars, you can ask to see the items displayed according to their language type. The items in the calendar will then change according to the colours you have given them here.
Enter the levels you use to describe your groups here:
- Click Add and fill in the level.
- Click Save.
These are a way of recording a student’s marks in tests. Typically, you might have start, mid and end of term tests. The subjects that are marked and the weighting of marks is up to you.
- Click Add scheme,
- Click Add mark group and we can add the subjects we want to record results for.
- Click Add mark group. This will cause a field to hold the test subject
- Enter the name of the area that the marks will be for
- Enter the maximum number of marks a student can get in this subject
- Enter weight do you want to give the marks. In the example above all subjects carry equal marks, but if you put a 2 for grammar then in the overall totals grammar marks would twice as much as the other subjects.
- Select the colour you want the subject to have when the teachers fill it in.
- Click save.
If you would like to see where Mark Group Schemes are used in the system click here.
- The items in these two drop-downs are explained above
- This is the Archive button. If a book is no longer in use in your school you can archive it. This mean it will not be selectable when creating a new group, but that records of groups that used it will be kept.
This item is for use if you allow students to reserve places on courses before actually enrolling/paying. This setting works in conjunction with another setting. If in Settings – Basic Settings – System Configuration – Group Management the following item is ticked:
Then when you add students to a group they will automatically be placed into the Reserved Section here:
- Enrolled section.
- Reserved section – once that date has passed the student will be highlighted in red.
The number of days for the reservation period is as set here.