How to Add Cash Payments
In Finance – Payment Types you choose whether a transaction will be confirmed with a cash transaction. If you select “No” then it is not a cash payment and no cash box will appear on the right-hand side. If you select “Transaction” or “Invoice” then you will need to select a cash box that the payments will be linked to.
Cash Payments Confirmed with a Transaction:
There are two ways that cash payments are entered. We will now look at payments confirmed with a transaction.
When you want to add a Payment to a student or company you will need to the Payments Card and click Transaction – Add Payment:
After you have done this a form for you to add the transaction will appear:
- Select the form of payment
- Because we selected a cash transaction which is connected to a cash register the default will appear here although we can choose a different one.
- Select what the payment is for.
- You may need to choose from a drop-down.
- Add a payment description. You can see it appear in 1. below.
- The amount scheduled by the system to be paid appears but you can change this.
- You can use this to calculate how much remains to be paid after a partial payment
- Click Save & Close.
Now that we have added a payment at the bottom of the Payment Card we can see the following:
- The payment description added in 5 above.
- Edit the payment details.
- Transfer the payment to another of the student’s courses
- Print out one or two copies of the receipt.
- The receipt number. If you click on this it will take you to Cash Transactions – see below.
- Showing that a cash document has been created for this payment.
Other Effects in the system: The cash payment which we made above is recorded elsewhere in the Finance Module
If we go to Finance – Cash Transactions we can see the student’s payment:
- Edit or remove the cash payment.
- Print out a copy of the cash receipt or send a PDF via email.
If we go to Finance – Transactions we can see the student’s payment:
- Payment description that was added.
- Edit or remove the cash payment.
- We can also create an invoice for the payment if required.
If a student wants an invoice for this cash payment and you click 3 above you will see the invoice details (you can add the date of payment)
Add a note if required and click Save & Close
Now on the Student’s Payment card we can see that the invoice has been added;
Now if we go to Finance – Invoices we can see the invoice that was created for the cash transaction listed:
The items on the right above allow you to:
- Edit the invoice.
- Change the System Status (paid, not paid) of the invoice.
- Issue a duplicate of the invoice.
- Delete the invoice.
Cash Payments Confirmed with an Invoice:
This is the second possible setting.
When you add a payment, as shown above, and select a Confirmed with Invoice payment type, the payment is recorded but no receipt or invoice is created automatically. It appears as follows:
The payment is shown in Finance – Transactions but does not appear under invoices or cash transactions at this stage:
If you confirm the transaction by creating an invoice. The payment will be listed under Invoices and a document created and at the same time a receipt will be created which will appear in Finance – Cash Transactions.
In the above examples we have shown creating invoices from the Finance Module to show where things are listed and how they fit together. You can save time by creating the invoice on the Student’s Payment Card here: