Schools can now offer online lessons via their SchoolMate account using: LearnCube, Google Meets, Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
Getting started with Zoom:
First, you need to add your Zoom account details. Go to School Admin – Settings – Basic Settings.
- Click “Online Lessons”.
- Select Zoom Meeting from the drop-down as your default online lesson provider.
- Click “Add Zoom Account”.
Then login to your Zoom account:
If successful, you will see a message saying “‘Your Zoom account added successfully”.
To confirm return to the “Online lessons” card (see above) and you should see your linked email address with a zoom meeting.
Now, you have two new options available:
- Sync Users: – This is used to link Zoom to teacher accounts which already exist in the system.
- Remove zoom account: – This is used to remove the Zoom linked account.
How do I add Zoom accounts for teachers?
After connecting your Zoom account to SchoolMate, go to the Teachers section, select a teacher, click on the pencil icon (Edit) and in the “Basic information” tab:
- Select the Zoom user of this teacher (Zoom users are downloaded automatically from the main account settings).
- Click “Save & Close”.
- You do not need a Pro account or higher to support simultaneous lessons. Just add your credit card details to be able to add users (the fee will not be charged).
- Users’ data in Zoom does not have to coincide with the teachers’ data in SchoolMatet.
- For people who have already connected Zoom accounts and there are recurring problems (e.g. error messages), please re-link Zoom and SchoolMate accounts.
How to configure simultaneous sessions?
How to create an online lesson?
- a teacher can mark lesson as lesson online in the E-gradebook
- admins can do it in the Groups tab
A lesson was planned using the Zoom tool. Now the teacher can log in on their account and on the main page he will see his planned online lessons, that he can join. After clicking on the Join button, the Zoom will open in the new tab to download the application, and after that, an automatically dedicated room will open. Then also students can join a teacher. Of course, they can see and hear each other. Additionally, they can share their screen, work on the whiteboard or some presentation, or share some additional files. There’s also a chat so attendees can make some notes on the lesson.
You can find more about Zoom (eg. quick start, tutorials, videos and more) at https://support.zoom.us/
How to remove the account?
Just click Remove button next to the linked account in the Settings tab. The account will be unlinked and credentials removed from the system.