SchoolMate has linked with LearnCube, a company which offers an online lesson platform, so that you can create and teach online lessons via your SchoolMate account.
You could just open an account with LearnCube but the advantage of linking with your SchoolMate account is:
- You will be using data that you have already created in SchoolMate such as lessons, students contact details.
- Students are enrolled in lessons in SchoolMate and you will have an accurate record of what happened and when. Lessons will, therefore, be calculated and consumed accurately.
Linking with LearnCube:
Go to School Admin – Settings – Basic Settings – Integrations:
- Tick the “want to configure with LearnCube” box.
- Fill in the Public and Private keys supplied by LearnCube.
- Test the settings and if ok, click Save.
You will then need to create the Webhook to complete the link. This will be the unique part of your SchoolMate account URL. So, if your SchoolMate log in is https://xyzschool.schoolmate.eu then your Webhook will be:
Enter your Webhook here and Save:
Creating Online Lessons in SchoolMate:
There are tutorials on how to create lessons here. The main thing is that after adding the basic information about the day, time, teacher you go to the “Custom settings” and click “Lessons available on-line
After you have entered all the information and click Save & Close you will be taken back to the “Classes generator” card.
and when you click “Generate classes” the lessons will be created as being on-line:
What if not every lesson is on-line, just one or two?
You can edit individual or blocks of lessons as shown here but all you need to do is click the edit button:
and then change the lesson type:
and the lesson will not be an on-line one: