- Description of Service and Usage Limitation and Cost of Usage
The App is provided free of charge to schools using the SchoolMate language school management platform. It allows teachers to upload lesson information, homework details and attendance concerning lessons they have taught on the main SchoolMate platform. Students who use the app can see their lesson and other information related to their studies by logging in to the App. There is no charge payable by teachers or students that download and use the App.
- License Grant and Restrictions
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the App for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, distribute, sell, or transfer any part of the App, or use the App for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
- User Content
You are solely responsible for any content that you submit, upload, publish, display, or transmit through the App, including but not limited to any data, text, photos, messages, or other materials (collectively, “User Content”). You represent and warrant that you own or have all necessary rights, licenses, and permissions to use and authorize us to use your User Content as contemplated by these Terms. We may remove or delete any User Content that we determine violates these Terms or applicable laws or regulations.
As the performance of the App requires the processing of personal data, the owners of the SchoolMate App and your school shall comply with all the applicable data protection legislation and regulations under the terms of the GDPR. Data held within the App may include the following items:
- Teachers’ personal data derived from your schools teachers’ database in the following scope: first, middle and last name, telephone number, E-Mail address.
- Students’ personal data derived from your schools students’ database in the following scope: first, middle and last name, telephone number, E-Mail, address, place of birth and place of residence, date of birth, system username, groups attended, status of borrowings, test results, account number, company, settlements, discounts, notes, grades, absences.
If at any time you wish for your personal data to be removed from the App, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be removed in two business days.
- Prohibited Conduct
You agree not to use the App for any illegal, harmful, or fraudulent purpose, or to engage in any conduct that may damage, disable, or impair the App or interfere with any other user’s use of the App. You also agree not to:
- use the App to send unsolicited messages or spam;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use any automated system or software to extract data from the App;
- reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the App, or attempt to do so;
- interfere with the security or integrity of the App or our servers or networks;
- use the App in any way that violates any applicable laws or regulations.
- Intellectual Property Rights
The App and its content, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images, software, and other materials, are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You may not use or reproduce any of our intellectual property without our prior written consent.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
The App is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. We do not warrant that the App will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free from viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the App, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or other legal theory, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the App, your User Content, or your violation of these Terms or any applicable laws or regulations.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Czechia. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Czechia.
- Modifications to Terms
We reserve the right to modify or update these Terms at any time without prior notice. Your continued use of the App after any modification or update implies your consent to the modifications or updates.